A Second Helping:
The Church Basement Ladies
Thursday, June 14
Fireside Theatre, Ft. Atkinson, Wisconsin
Bus for travel, luncheon, matinee performance
Leaving from the church at 9:00 a.m.
and return at 5:30 p.m.
Cost for bus, lunch, and show is $90 per person.
A limited number of tickets available.
Registration with payment due no later than
Sunday, May 20.
Join us as the delightful “Steel Magnolias of the Prairie” deal with life, death, and new adventures, finding strength in each other from below the “House of God.” This time around, the year is 1969 and the world is changing. As folks protest the Vietnam War and women are demanding equal pay for equal work in their small rural Minnesota community, the ladies of the Lutheran church basement kitchen are dealing with changes of their own. With their heartwarming humor and hilarious antics, they take us from serving the high school students at the Luther League Banquet to a church sponsored Missionary Night and the rise and fall of a Viking’s Super Bowl Sunday. Contact the church office to register.
What’s for lunch before the matinee performance?
- Fresh Summer Salad - Strawberries, Mangoes, Candied Pecans, and Sartori’s Montamore
- Cheddar Cheese on Arugula and Kale glazed with a Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- Freshly Baked Breads from Fireside’s Artisan Bakery
- Beef Short Rib - Slowly braised in beef stock and dressed with a red wine demi-glaze.
- Served with Whipped Idaho Potatoes with Garlic and Herbed Cheese,
- a mix of Fresh Julienne Vegetables, and a Baked Tomato filled with Seasoned Garlic Croutons, Feta Cheese and Bacon Chips.
- Triple Layer Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and our homemade Butter Pecan Frozen Custard.
- Coffee, Tea and Milk